Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random reboot A14

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 04:53 PM)
59coop
First Poster
Options

My A14 started to reboot for no reason, after restarting it will not accept my PIN, then I can't get it to reboot or turn off without the PIN. I eventually have to hold volume down and power button to reboot and it works ok until next random reboot.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@59coop: If you head to Settings > Device care > Auto optimisation > Auto restart, is this feature enabled? If not, please tap the Back button > Maintenance mode > Turn on. Backing up your data is recommended prior to performing this action. With maintenance mode enabled, monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the restarts. If you notice an improvement, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, tap on the Maintenance mode notification, and exit the feature from here (or head back to Settings > Device care > Maintenance mode > Turn off). Now, uninstall any third party apps that you have recently introduced to the device, as the issue is likely to be stemming from an external source. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
59coop
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

@59coop: If you head to Settings > Device care > Auto optimisation > Auto restart, is this feature enabled? If not, please tap the Back button > Maintenance mode > Turn on. Backing up your data is recommended prior to performing this action. With maintenance mode enabled, monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the restarts. If you notice an improvement, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, tap on the Maintenance mode notification, and exit the feature from here (or head back to Settings > Device care > Maintenance mode > Turn off). Now, uninstall any third party apps that you have recently introduced to the device, as the issue is likely to be stemming from an external source. Let me know how you get on. 

I'll give it a try and let you know 

0 Likes
59coop
First Poster
Options

Auto optimization is off 

0 Likes