Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with A70 camera

(Topic created on: 11-11-2021 01:15 PM)
Acefixer
Apprentice
Options
I am having difficulty using the camera. Either it is faulty or I am misunderstanding something fundamentally. I have the latest android 11 installed. The shutter button seems to operate as a shutter and as a means of zooming in what seems to be a random manner. Sometimes it takes a photo and at other times, in identical circumstances, it operates as a zoom. In some circumstances a zoom grid appears on the screen. I can been trying to fathom out exactly what is happening by changing the volume key setting and by orientating the phone to landscape. All this has been to no avail and I am now stumped. Needless to say I have missed some good shots because I just can't take photos with the shutter button. Can someone please help.
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Acefixer 

Some generic troubleshooting tips are to clear the cache of your camera via Settings, Apps, Camera,  Storage , Clear Cache. And if absolutely necessary clear Data.

Your phone has built in diagnostic tips via your Samsung Members App,  GetHelp and Diagnostics.

Also via launching the phone app and dialing *#0*#

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look at your phone. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Acefixer
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your quick reply. I have done some more playing around with the camera and can now pretty much confirm that the problem occurs with the phone in landscape orientation and when it is held in a certain way. If I hold the camera with thumbs and middle fingers at the very end of the phone and take the photo with my right index finger then the problem would appear to go away. This is very strange but it seems to be the case. I ran the diagnostic on the camera and it ran clean. I will continue to persevere.
0 Likes
dixharp
Explorer
Options
I have exactly the same problem with my A32 5g. I've tried all the things BandofBrothers suggests to no avail ( though I cannot work out how the diagnostic tool functions). I even spent an hour with a technician at the Samsung Experience store in Oxford Street, who did a diagnostic test of the software and declared it OK.
I see you've contributed to our discussion following DonRetired's post. That's three of us - if we can build up a head of steam maybe we can convince Samsung there's a problem to deal with. I've bookmarked this discussion.
0 Likes
dixharp
Explorer
Options
See also my post of 6/8 - "Samsung A32 5g camera won't work (sometimes)".
0 Likes
Acefixer
Apprentice
Options
Well it's nice to know that I'm not losing my mind. I think that this is definitely a software fault. The use of the shutter button for zooming was a feature in earlier versions of the software but was withdrawn. It is clearly latent in the current version. Might be very difficult to diagnose and fix.
0 Likes
dixharp
Explorer
Options
Hi Acefixer. Have you got anywhere with this? My A32 still misbehaving. I too it into the Experience store again last week but of course it worked fine. The problem seems to be worst out in the open in bright daylight.
0 Likes