Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive text

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 06:58 PM)
ZiggyZee
Explorer
Options

Seriously fed up with the keyboard and predictive text on this phone,  A53 5G something just has to be done about it. Carefully typed words end up as something completely different and being a competent typist I know what I'm talking about. Taken me over 5 minds just to type this correct. 

Never had a phone or tablet like it before but then again have never had a Samsung, sigh.....

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@ZiggyZee: If you head to Settings > General management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Auto replace, and toggle this option off, then this should resolve any issues you're having with Predictive text replacing the word you intended to write with an alternative. The suggestions will still appear in the bar above the text input field while you're typing, which you can tap on to add them manually. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Something similar happened to me so I decided to reset the Samsung Keyboard and this resolved the issue.

I also use SwiftKey and Gboard too which bring their own benefits to a Keyboard @ZiggyZee 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ZiggyZee
Explorer
Options

Thanks, that works but it doesn't alter the fact that when typing it is a jumbled mess most of the time, misses spaces between letters, no capitals after a full stop but the sliding option is much better although only with a pen and not a finger. 

0 Likes