Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing NFC Icon on top Status Bar when Enabled

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 05:25 PM)
vetono
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone.

I just bought a Galaxy A52s 5G in Spain. When I enable NFC from the pull down Status Bar and tap the NFC icon then NFC is enabled and it works properly with, for example, Samsung Pay. But, however, I can't see the typical icon (N) in the Status Bar to make sure NFC is ON.

Why is this happening? It is a software bug (Android 12, ONE UI 4.1). Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank you all.

-- Alberto Vetono

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@vetono: That's an interesting one. Does your Status Bar have a list of icons for unread notifications and, if so, have you tried clearing them to see if the NFC 'N' shows up? If you head to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Status bar > Show notifications, and set this to 'All notifications', does this help? 

If the issue persists, can you confirm if you have any OS customisation apps installed, such as Goodlock? Have you tried any basic troubleshooting steps, such as checking for updates (Settings > Software update) or restarting the A52s to address any temporary performance issues? 

0 Likes
vetono
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL, thanks for reply.

>>> If you head to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Status bar > Show notifications, and set this to 'All notifications', does this help?

I have checked the settings and it had "3 most recent". I've changed to "All notifications" as you suggested, and the 'N' icon still doesn't appear in the status bar when I turn NFC ON.

>>> If the issue persists, can you confirm if you have any OS customisation apps installed, such as Goodlock?

Yes, looking for information about this problem I found a forum that said that installing Good Lock -> QuickStar could solve the problem. So I made it to test. I have made sure that NFC is ON in QuickStar -> Visibility of Indicator Icons. But the problem persists.

0 Likes
Kimble303
Explorer
Options

Afaik, I haven't ever seen the NFC icon either. But NFC works OK when enabled. 

0 Likes