Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive text not working since most recent update

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 10:16 PM)
1Papillon
Student
Options

Hi. I have read all the posts and tried all the solutions. None are working. My predictive text in smart typing is showing as on but does not work. Please help, am losing the will to text and doing voice notes instead!  Thank you 

15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options
@1Papillon: To troubleshoot your issue please go to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Make Sure that Predictive Text is toggled on > Back > About Samsung Keyboard > Tap the 'i' in the top right > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your phone. Please be aware that this will remove any personal settings from your keyboard. Let me know how you get on.
1Papillon
Student
Options

Hi, that hasn't worked unfortunately.  Any other suggestions please? 

Darksab3r
First Poster
Options
yep same issue the predictive function is utterly garbage and I use Google board for translation but that doesn't work at all.....EVER I use text a lot and currently I feel like the cost of the phone is an absolute waste of money
Members_J9p8x7d
First Poster
Options

Well it worked for me, cheers Darksab3r !  I'm finally able to use text.

0 Likes
Michele2021
First Poster
Options
Predictive text is working spasmodically it's only selecting words with the 1st letter Such as if you press the number for the letter G and words Beginning with the letter g come up but not words with the letter H or I.
0 Likes
Magsie006
First Poster
Options
The toggle for predicted text on.my phone is disabled. I am unable to use it. Why is that?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Magsie006: Which phone do you have, and what is the current Android version (located in Settings > About Phone). Have you attempted any of the steps in my post above? 

0 Likes
Demi06
First Poster
Options

This worked for me...Thanks so much.  I have been trying for months to active predictive text using the correct activation pathway and nothing worked.  This did instantly. 🙂

0 Likes
Areeba_21
First Poster
Options

I tried it but nothing is working. Kindly give me another suggestion. I badly need to activate this on my phone. I am currently using Samsung Note 9