Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play store not auto-updating apps

(Topic created on: 29-11-2023 10:45 PM)
AdamPride96
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone else have the constant issue where the Google play store won't auto update any apps? I've checked settings and they're all correct and reset play store snd play services settings to ensure it's not a software issue. I can't find any fix online and notice this first on my A51 and the same issue now on my A54 5G

If anyone can help it's greatly appreciated 😊
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There may be issues with auto updates if the internet connection is not strong enough, enabling Auto updates over any Network is generally recommended as long as you have a large Data Allowance, otherwise choose wifi only. A power saving mode can also cause issues as background activity is limited, a more obvious one but also ensure you have sufficient storage. If issues persist clearing the cache and Data of the app stores may help. However some do have issues with the Auto Updates or prefer to update Manually.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Arty73
Student
Options
Same here on Galaxy S23 Ultra. There are no automatic updates despite correct settings. Also no notification about updates available. Very annoying.
AdamPride96
Apprentice
Options
Agreed. And sadly the other comment didn't help. Clearing data and cashe didn't help
0 Likes
Arty73
Student
Options
I am just awaiting the google support team to respond. Will keep you updated on the results.
Kameljoe21
First Poster
Options

While your reply seems helpful it is not.  In this day and age why should every fix result in clearing the cache. Why should I have to do anything.  Thars are all common problems that have been a problem for years. There are bugs out there that have been an issue with product since their inception and still not resolved.  This issue seems to be a problem with their flagship models along with their budget one. I can find posts going back 5 years. Most people give up including the op. Still do not have a fix. 

0 Likes