Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos too big on A20e

(Topic created on: 24-07-2020 11:35 AM)
ca32
Journeyman
Options

I don't need photos bigger than 1MB and preferably smaller.  I don't want to contribute to global warming via unneccesary cloud storage.  The smallest my A20e camera takes is 2 or 3 MB and I don't want to have to use HEIC files.  I could get my previous phone to take photos sized around 200KB.  Without having to go through the tedious process of reducing the size after taking them, is there any way I can adjust my A20e phone settings to take smaller photos?

16 REPLIES 16
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

So i just tested about 7 different ones, i found two i liked if your unable to find one let me know what you think of these options

Cymera: you can add a camera widget to your home screen, worked good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyworld.camera

Camera: worked will with no obvious issues

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=photo.android.hd.camera

ca32
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for testing them.  I appreciate someone who can provide a practical, positive solution. 

And maybe Samsung and the big guns will realise we don't all need to take high resolution selfies and photos of our last meal out!

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Install this app caller 'open camera' from play store. Launch it. Go to settings -> photo-> at the top select resolution. Make this 1080x1440 (lower if you want). Photos will now be ~ 500kb in size. If you want them to be even smaller, feel free to reduce the resultion even more, to something like 720x960.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I would recommend staying away from "open camera" there are issues. The main issue i found before uninstalling it was when you turn on the flashlight from the in app options it gets stuck on with no option to turn it off. 

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Odd, I've never got that issue before. In that case look at Footej camera, it's got a similar UI to the stock app and has an option to drastically reduce resolution

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Footej camera 2 did work great for normal images and video.  No obvious issue with that one also.

0 Likes
ca32
Journeyman
Options

Ok thats good to know - many thanks.