Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't unlock and screen won't promt without a forced restart. (Samsung A21s)

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 03:09 PM)
Members_YZ1OKl4
First Poster
Options

Hey all, 

Bit of a weird one. I have an A21s, with a new screen. The screen is responsive 10% of the time. I've tried to reseat the cable multiple times and it doesn't improve the issue. But the main problem is when the screen locks and goes black there is no way to unlock it without a forced restart. The power button doesn't prompt the phone to wake up and the fingerprint scanner also doesn't prompt the phone to wake. I've tested both and they work. The phone restarts from power button + vol down, and then I need to spam press the screen to get it to register touch but once i'm in, I can unlock the phone and it works fine. Screen tested and it detects touch on all points. 

Not sure what to do about the fact that it wont wake up from being locked though. Any ideas? 

Cheers 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Members_YZ1OKl4: That certainly is a bit of a strange one. Next time you gain access to the A21s, please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party applications, and help to determine if the problem lies with an external source. To do this, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issue, and check to see if the issue persists. If not, then please restart the phone as you would normally, and delete any recently installed applications. If you have Always On Display enabled, try heading to Settings > Lock Screen > Always On Display, and toggle this option off to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Who fitted the replacement screen?
0 Likes