Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 11:41 PM)
SpoonBearer
Apprentice
Options
I can get into my galaxy A12 phone using my face ID and finger print scanner but I can't remember my pattern code. Is there any way to change the pattern without knowing what it is but having biometrics or using an app? 
7 REPLIES 7
SpoonBearer
Apprentice
Options
I feared that
0 Likes
SpoonBearer
Apprentice
Options
Yeah i think
0 Likes
SpoonBearer
Apprentice
Options
I don't have another Samsung devise
0 Likes
SpoonBearer
Apprentice
Options
For some reason that's not working
0 Likes
SpoonBearer
Apprentice
Options
Do i need to by in my phone to do that
0 Likes
SpoonBearer
Apprentice
Options
I just got it to work, ots all sorted. Thank you
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SpoonBearer  Glad it is sorted.

Generally you can use the Find My Mobile feature but must have access to another device(can be any  Tablet or computer though) https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/find-my-mobile/ 

otherwise need to perform  a Factory Reset by entering Recovery Mode following these steps:

1. Turn off the device, if unresponsive hold down Power key for several seconds until it switches off.
2.Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Factory Reset
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the  Reset complete  Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

on S devices need to connect to computer or attach USB-C headphones from Android 11 onwards after turning off Device in step 1.  Should not be necessary for A Devices though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes