Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 5.1 update for A53 5G

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 06:32 AM)
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
One UI 5.1 update for my unlocked A53 5G, here in the UK, is now available for download .
It's fairly big at almost 1.4GB in size. Including the February security update.

18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for sharing this information @Bigtasty65 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Not downloaded it yet. As the WiFi and cellular connection are sometimes unstable. I'll download in my place of work where there's a strong 5G connection there.
Looking forward to seeing how the A53 runs but I'm not expecting any problems 🤞🏻😁
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
When I updated it last night. The phone was unresponsive and overheated. With a soft reboot it fixed it. But there was minor stuttering here and there when I flick through my apps. Optimised the device it worked. The stuttering keeps coming back.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
No problems with my A53. Everything running smoothly. Maybe some of your apps need updating to their latest version?
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
All of my apps are update to date. As I regularly update them. I think i found the solution. I have ram plus switched off. But it's on 4gb. Need to switch it on and put it on 2GB. I've been reading through it on redditScreenshot_20230303_124039_Device care.jpg
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
That could be the case. I've never checked the RAM situation on my phone before. Having checked now, mine is switched on and set at 4GB. Must be switched on by default. I have got loads of available storage though.
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I had that before by default. It slows the phone down. I wouldn't really recommend having ram plus switched on. Only if you need it.
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Now I have it on 2GB now. I have seen a improvement on it. Now slowing down or anything.1677853895091.jpg
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I didn't even know mine was turned on. I've not seen any slow down at all. I think I'll leave mine set as it is. If I notice a slowdown I'll adjust accordingly 👍🏻