Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 06:15 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

177 REPLIES 177
Ismail abdelsalam
First Poster
Options

I have fixed this problem in A51 

Turn off the phone and by using thin needle clean the USB connector up and down side carefully 

Then start your phone again 

The problem will be eliminated 

0 Likes
Ismail abdelsalam
First Poster
Options

Just clean the USB CONNECTOR  by small needle 🪡 when you phone turned off 

0 Likes
Mraghdam
First Poster
Options

You are amazing thank you sir ...SOLVED

0 Likes
Juliet Nwaigwe
First Poster
Options

I'M DISAPPOINTED IN SAMSUNG.  I THINK THAT THIS IS A STRATEGY SO THAT EVERYONE CAN GO AND GET NEW PHONE.

SAMSUNG YOU LIE IF THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT.

MY PHONE SCREEN IS ALWAYS ON IT'S ANNOYING ME WITH USB CONNECTED AND DISCONNECTED.  SHAME TO THIS COMPANY.

0 Likes
Driftsdrill15
First Poster
Options

My dads A17 has been having that problem and the gold picks were still gold and I stretched out the end of a q-tip so it would fit into the charging port and it worked 

0 Likes
mt567087
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here with my A42.  Spent an hour on phone with tech support.  The only resolution would be for me to mail my phone in for repair. Repair takes 5-7 biz days not including shipping.  Cannot ship me a loaner phone and either will carrier. Only option is to send your phone in and be without it for 2 weeks? Awful  .  See you later samsung

mt567087
Apprentice
Options

Funny since I tried this already and then  tried everything else and was told by samsung to send in my phone for repair (without a loaner).  I just saw your post and decided to try and clean it with a needle. Did not believe it would work since it seemed so obvious. But it worked, at least for the last hour.  Hopefully it remains working.

0 Likes
DarkSpeeder
First Poster
Options

Hello I have the s10e and I have found if you make it were your phone will charge other devices in the settings it will not wake your screen you will have to change it back when you charge your phone 

0 Likes
DarkSpeeder
First Poster
Options

Hello I have the s10e and I have found if you make it were your phone will charge other devices in the settings it will not wake your screen you will have to change it back when you charge your phone

0 Likes
drstevenacon
First Poster
Options

bro, you have saved me, I have done what you say, clean the port and the problem has been solved. I was worried because my cell phone screen does not turn off due to the constant notification of the charger.

0 Likes