Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 30-06-2021 12:28 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

177 REPLIES 177
Roshandb
Apprentice
Options

Hello community,

I too had started to face the same problem with my a51 for two day.I tried everything in settings like cache clear of usbsetting app ,usb debbuging, usd type use setting etc but none solved my problem. As here is rainy season going on i doubted that may be thr could be some problm with usb ,it may have got moosture some how so i tried to clean it using thin needle slowly and very carefully .was just scracting the golden pins of usb type c port. (And yes dont forget to switch off ur phone while this). After cleaning ijust put some white cotton thread in it n again try to take out dust using the same needle.the thread got a lil bit of brownish.

And switched my phone ON. Bingo it worked like charm.Blv m i was so so worried as my traded were going on n i dont want it to send in service center

Hope it will help u guys. 

Do thing carefully dont break usb port

0 Likes
Members_imlnt83
First Poster
Options

Myself its just started xD but luckily its in my silent notiforcations so yeah

0 Likes
Members_imlnt83
First Poster
Options

It worked for me thanks :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

I am still facing this issue. Even it happens rarely. It is like I have to change cable or charger each time.

0 Likes
Waterog123
First Poster
Options

Hey if anyone needs a help I kinda solved my problem. Had this isuue for months with battery drain that was crazy cleand port had original charger nothing worked till I lost my charger. When to buy a. New one and the only one available was the knew usb to usb tupc 25 watt charger. As soon as I started using that charger phone would sleep and battery would be back to normal . Still have the usb disconnected notification but phone will sleep and battery drain is back to normal and lay almost whole day

0 Likes
Waterog123
First Poster
Options

Also found old charger and tried using it again battery problem came back  but when usiy new charger it went back to normal might be Samsung pulling some BS or isolated case idk but if this works for anyone else or already has let me know interested and wanted to help cause I know how this problem sucks

0 Likes
Chris26
First Poster
Options

Hello, I'm experiencing a similar problem. My phone won't charge and when i plug the charger in it keeps saying "USB connector connected/disconnected" any idea of what i could do? I used a hair dryer as well and i tried cleaning the port, no luck whatsoever. I'm thinking of getting it repaired somewhere but I'm trying to find solutions at the moment.

AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

which phoe you have?

0 Likes
CDrennan
Apprentice
Options
I had this same issue yesterday, after cleaning out the port it is working again as normal. Try that and see if that works, otherwise you'll need to factory reset it. If that doesn't work then you'll need to get a technician out to check the port.
CDrennan
Apprentice
Options
Try cleaning the port with something like a toothpick, you'll need to split it in half though to make it thinner. Also if possible, try compressed air to remove any loose dirt in it.
0 Likes