Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 10:59 AM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

177 REPLIES 177
Lucas Fernández R
Journeyman
Options

Hey there! I think I can bring some good news.

Today I chatted with the Samsung Technical Support and they make me reset the mobile to the factory configuration. (Previously they gave me time to do a strong back up).

After doing that I was a little bit sad because anything had changed. The T.S guy told me I should contact a  Samsung Authorized Technical Support local in Buenos Aires, Argentina (Where I actually live)

However, a half hour later, even if this "Usb connected/Disconnected" notification continued showing up, my Samsung A51 started having its screen black again while I lock/block it! 

I dunno if this is due to the configuration reset I did, but at least I feel like my battery isn't draining itself anymore.

Anyway, I think I'd go to this Samsung authorized T.S.

Let's keep in touch, 'cause this problem is really hopeless.

A10s teller
First Poster
Options

Hey if you restrict background activity for  

Android system it helps a liitle and now i can power off my phone with just one click so i thinks it helps so try it 

0 Likes
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Please update what happened, everything is good?

0 Likes
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

This i the last Samsung phone I am using. Because of this unsolved issue, I am forcing to abandon Samsung.

Cha Vang
First Poster
Options

You just have to clean your charging port... I had this same problem and I also am using A51... Silent Notifications about USB Connector Connected/Disconnected...

I checked up on how to clean Micro C port... And after cleaning it following the steps... My phone can again go back to sleep via my order... 😆

But jokes aside... Just clean the charging port...

Muaz Abdul Rasid
First Poster
Options

Here is my solution

My phone is A70, same problem.

First i open DEVELOPER OPTION in setting. Need a few step to open it. You can search in google if you don't know.

Second ON the USB DEBUGGING.

Lastly, RESTART your phone.

It's working for me. Hope you too. Sorry for bad English

parijke
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same issue. Notification turns on/off every second or so. And also, the phone won't go to sleep mode while disconnected from charger. It does while connected. Samsung S10e

Yashas
First Poster
Options

Hi. Having same issue in Samsung M30s model.

0 Likes
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

mine has decreased after suing another charging cable

0 Likes
flymit
First Poster
Options

oh i don't know but it's stupid that this has happened to so many people especially from such a mobile giant. I will take it to the service on Monday and I will demand a refund (shame on samsung) as I have less than a year of warranty. Idk what else to do?