Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No support for AptX HD/Adaptive even if SoC does

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 02:02 PM)
OmarN
First Poster
Options

When connecting a Bluetooth device that supports AptX Adaptive, the phone does not use the AptX Adaptive codec.

For phones that don't support AptX Adaptive, this is fine. However, phones that do/should support AptX Adaptive also do this.

For example, the A52 4G. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G inside it supports AptX Adaptive (but not AptX LL or HD). However, when connecting a set of AptX Adaptive earbuds (Soundpeats Truengine 3 SE 3040), it connects using AptX Normal. AptX Adaptive doesn't even show up in the Developer Options either.

It's not like I can use SSC or LDAC either as they are not compatible with my earbuds.

If anyone knows if it's a hardware or software limitation, and how to fix it using libraries, please let me know.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Azas
First Poster
Options

It's a hardware fault. Think just with the QCC3040 chip. I got an log v50 and a Motorola g100 with the 870 chip. I haven't got support on either after splashing out on pi7 buds

0 Likes
marcemb86
First Poster
Options

Hi, samsung does not support aptx adaptative or hd, just classic aptx. Samsung is there any news on when this will be fixed?

0 Likes
FYLegend
Journeyman
Options

I don't know for sure but this seems to be a hardware limitation. From what I can find in teardowns Samsung only uses Qualcomm SoC as a processor and use Bluetooth/WiFi chips from either Murata or themselves. That's why most S21 phones only have Bluetooth 5.1 despite Qualcomm's SoC supporting Bluetooth 5.2 (the S21 Ultra is an exception but uses a newer Samsung chip). CORRECTION: S21 Ultra uses a Broadcom chip

There might be some unofficial way to get AptX HD drivers to work but it doesn't seem like they will implement it any time soon. Back in 2018 on this forum a developer claimed AptX HD had some stability issues when they tested it out (I recall this being either the Note 9 or  S9). They were looking into adding AptX Adaptive instead but this was eventually cancelled. 

pdajah
Journeyman
Options
The Fold 4 probably has the latest Qualcomm chip so why no aptx Adaptive? Surely aptx is more universal than LDAC?
0 Likes