Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notications on lock screen

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 01:54 PM)
Dallen
Apprentice
Options
I got a new Samsung A14 yesterday and I can't get any notifications on the lock screen despite having all the relevant settings enabled. I've spoken to Samsung tech support who said that feature is not available on this device. Seems ridiculous given that in the notifications setting there is an entire menu dedicated to 'lock screen notifications'. 
20 REPLIES 20
Duke Eastwood
Journeyman
Options

YO, hopefully you see this... I figured it out!!!!

I had the support controlling my phone and those ****ing ***** don't know how to do it even... like people in this chat, I guess it's supposed to be impossible... but it IS possible.

You have to long press the lock screen itself. The lock screen shinks down and then you can select the message area.... THEN you can specify "details" versus just seeing the icons.

Okay, THEN you still have to get a message, have one send one to you or use google voice...I had to use google voice and send myself many texts to figure this out.

Long press the the text and then you get more options, you see settings...click settings, Then under "lock screen notifications" you have to switch it from hide content to "show content"

I hope this helps someone... I literally already tried to return the phone over this and was told I couldn't. So finally I just started looking for a launcher type app that would change the lock screen and I figured out what their OWN support doesn't know about the phone!

Dallen
Apprentice
Options
Really appreciate you trying to figure this out!! Long press on the lock screen doesn't do anything for me?
0 Likes
Duke Eastwood
Journeyman
Options

hu... try it again... it's the only way!!!!

if you press and hold somewhere on the wall paper it should shrink the lock screen and give you new options.

Dallen
Apprentice
Options
Oh my god!! You are an absolute life saver!! It works!! Can't believe Samsung don't know about this!?!?
FR1C710N
First Poster
Options

That will not turn the screen on when the phone is locked. You only ever get the notification sound, but the screen does not turn on so you can see it.

0 Likes
manish2k9
First Poster
Options

It seems the support is a little unaware of what they are selling. My M21 2021 edition used to show notifications even when the screen was locked. But the new phone doesn't!

0 Likes
manish2k9
First Poster
Options

Thank you all! I was going crazy mad and thinking that I am missing something due to which the notifications are not showing in lock screen. The forum posts cleared the confusion.

My last phone M21 2021 Edition used to show, but this new phone doesn't.

To save all the confusions Samsung has removed "Lock Screen Notifications" in UI 6 or Android 14. (On an updated A14 5G I don't see that option anymore)

0 Likes
Very Annoyed
First Poster
Options

I don't understand why you are saying "thank you".

Have you found a solution ... or you you've realised we have all made a terrible mistake by buying a Samsung ??

0 Likes
manish2k9
First Poster
Options

No, because it saved me time and going more crazy 🙂

Though it is annoying but I am fine with Samsung. Don't want to buy Chinese phones.

0 Likes
Very Annoyed
First Poster
Options

"Samsung closed its last remaining Chinese factory in 2019 and now makes the most of its phones in Vietnam."   That's ok, then ...

For the past 5 years I had a Chinese Honor phone.  I now wish I had bought another one instead of Samsung

0 Likes