Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung A13 Microphone Access Bugged

(Topic created on: 19-03-2023 11:27 PM)
shockingEvac
Apprentice
Options

I recently got a brand-new Samsung A13 for my 17th birthday (27th Feb) and I've been having a reoccuring problem with my phone regarding the microphone access permission. Whenever I try and record something or use the microphone, doesn't matter if its on the built-in Camera app or an app like Tiktok or Snapchat, it records for maybe a second or two before asking me to allow access. I click "allow", and try to record again, and it immediately asks me for the same permission. This bug goes away for maybe a day or two if I restart the phone, which also proves it isn't a hardware problem, since it will record audio when allowed. It isn't any problems with the permissions, I have all the apps I use the camera with set to "Allow when using" in the permissions, and I'm getting rather tired of it because I don't want to have to continually restart my phone every 3 days just to use the microphone. Especially since it's a brand-new phone bought less than a month ago. I can't record anything because of it.  Any ideas?

Many Thanks :]

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
From settings then apps then click the 3 dots in top right, you can check permission manager to see what apps have access to the microphone. You can also reset all the apps preferences if needed.
0 Likes
shockingEvac
Apprentice
Options

as i said in the post, the apps are listed as having the microphone permission enabled but still ask me for access when i try to use it

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you reset the app preferences to reset all the apps to default to see if it helps?
0 Likes
shockingEvac
Apprentice
Options
just reset them and reallowed them in the camera app and tiktok twice, the same issue is still happening
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
You may have to try a factory reset if nothing else is working with the permissions or first try and see if the Samsung support chat in the members app can help with the issues you are having.
0 Likes