Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My problems with Samsung Galaxy A51 (less than 24 hours of using)

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 10:03 PM)
M0rix
Explorer
Options

Please read my problems with Galaxy A51 before buying galaxy A51 and thinking about these issues.
It has a lot of issues on the Bluetooth, VPN network, managing RAM, fingerprint sensor, and multitasking.
When all applications closed, 3gb of memory still in use. Lagging when playing music and working with other Apps and sometimes touch doesn't work correctly.
The fingerprint doesn't work correctly; sometimes, you need to try three times to detect your finger.
Bluetooth doesn't work, sometimes automatically disconnected, and when playing the music, sound breaking every few seconds(the audio playback starts to stutter).
It has the same problem on YouTube and other players.
You can't use L2TP VPN connections because when connected to the VPN after 60 seconds phone crashed and restarted.
I read and watched many reviews on youtube and the Internet, but they only show the good side of the product and never tell about these issues.
I regret buying this phone.

38 REPLIES 38
Azbro
Apprentice
Options

My A51 doesnt acccept 3rd party Type C cables.  Doesnt detect anything. Only Samsung cable that came in the box works. Anyone encounter same problem? I've tried 2 different brands, totally nothing, and i've restart the device. Thanks

Just an update, i brought the phone to a accessories shop and tested a dozen. 1 did work. 

M0rix
Explorer
Options

No, I don't have another cable. but I will find another cable and test for you.

beta1b
Pioneer
Options

Some cables are only for charging.

Do you need data cable? Original cable which came with the phone is a data cable.

Azbro
Apprentice
Options

Just for charging. 

Only the original white cable works. Other cables like nillkin or baseus doesnt even get detected on the A51. I tried it on a powerbank also same results. I have restart the phone a few times and no difference.

0 Likes
Musaab
First Poster
Options

My  bluetooth problem got solved after I went to the Samsung Customer Service they did a complete wipe and reinstalled the software. It works fine now. They even offered to replace the phone if the problem persist. 

0 Likes
umerrazzaq
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same problems. My A51 keeps crashing and restarting for no reason. It has happened 4 times since i have bought it last week. I hope my phone gets an update soon.

0 Likes
DANIYAL100
Explorer
Options

This is the worst phone ever. I regret buying SAMSUNG THIS TIME. I WANTED TO BUY HUAWEI P30 LITE BUT AFTER UAING SAMSUNG FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS I THOUGH TO BUY IT AGAIN. BELIEVE IT OR NOT THIS IS THE WORST DECISION I HAVE MADE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. SO WHILE USING WHATSAPP THE APUND DISAPPEARS FEOM SPEAKERS AND IS ONLY AUDIBLE VIA THE SCREEN WHICH HAS NO MEANING. THEN YOU MUST RESTART THE PHONE.. THE BLUETOOTH IS PATHETIC AND CANT CONNECT ANYWHERE. EVEN IF IT DOES IT DOESNT GIVE SOUND ANYWHERE. WHAT A MESS SAMSUNG HAS MADE.
@M0rix wrote:

Please read my problems with Galaxy A51 before buying galaxy A51 and thinking about these issues.
It has a lot of issues on the Bluetooth, VPN network, managing RAM, fingerprint sensor, and multitasking.
When all applications closed, 3gb of memory still in use. Lagging when playing music and working with other Apps and sometimes touch doesn't work correctly.
The fingerprint doesn't work correctly; sometimes, you need to try three times to detect your finger.
Bluetooth doesn't work, sometimes automatically disconnected, and when playing the music, sound breaking every few seconds(the audio playback starts to stutter).
It has the same problem on YouTube and other players.
You can't use L2TP VPN connections because when connected to the VPN after 60 seconds phone crashed and restarted.
I read and watched many reviews on youtube and the Internet, but they only show the good side of the product and never tell about these issues.
I regret buying this phone.

Edi98
First Poster
Options

Hello. I've seen you said you're having problems with the touch too. I'm experiencing this issues too. Sometimes the touch goes completely wired and does not respond,  and a little touch to scroll down for example,  instantly gets into a push option. It's so annoying.  Plus, the navigation bar is also acting strange sometimes, especially the mode which doesn't show buttons. For example,  I cannot access all the files open.  Does anyone else have such problems?

0 Likes
SamUser20
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem too, I complained using their chat and call centre and followed all process but they are not ready to accept bug of Bluetooth and L2tp vpn.. it is REALLY REALLY POOR SERVICE BY SAMSUNG.

0 Likes
AH14
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem by using a third party micro USB to Type-C converter with my old Samsung  Charger. I have also noticed that the device is charging fine, by using the third party converter,  when is switched off and is not charging when is switched on!! I guess there is something in the software that detects original charging cable, since if I connect the original cable to a third party charger then is charging fine!! Maybe there is something for "bypassing" this detection process?