Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my a71 hasn't had a update since November 2020

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 12:11 AM)
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
My mates a71 got the January 2021 update yet I have the November 2020 update and cant update further, what can I do? 

Thanks
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
Slime
Journeyman
Options
Maybe switch your phone to another country, update dates vary from country to country.
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
yeah I suppose but my mates a71 is in the same town as mine and yet his phone is on the latest update
0 Likes
Slime
Journeyman
Options
Found an article that says updates are scheulded for April on a71's, so my best guess it's that your buddy's are in a beta test program and that's why.

https://developer.samsung.com/one-ui-beta/index.html
0 Likes
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
I mean security patches not updates then, also no he wouldn't know what a beta is
0 Likes
Slime
Journeyman
Options
you should ask samsung about it.. don't know, it could be that they roll out in a certain order and you happen to be on the bottom of the list.. 😂
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
I did and she literally told me she had no idea and to just leave feedback about it... I dunno my mates phone is the same we both live in the same town, only different is his a carrier I guess, but the fact im stuck in November is weird, 3 months out of date
0 Likes
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
also wouldn't switching the country be bad for my sim card and or language
0 Likes
Slime
Journeyman
Options
for your sim card no, it wouldnt affect it, language may be a problem but i belive your country of residence and the phone language are 2 different settings.. so you may set your phone to Africa and still keep it in english.. 😂
0 Likes
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes