Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my a71 hasn't had a update since November 2020

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 12:11 AM)
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
My mates a71 got the January 2021 update yet I have the November 2020 update and cant update further, what can I do? 

Thanks
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
yeah but certain parts of the world hsve different phone systems so the rom might now work with uk carriers
0 Likes
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
yes thanks I know that clearly
0 Likes
Slime
Journeyman
Options
nah, when you switch country you get local carriers, i had that happen to me, plus, immagine buying a phone in France and going to the UK .. that would be really bad for samsung .. 😂
0 Likes
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
how would I even change the country
0 Likes
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
try plugging your phone into your pc and getting smart switch on pc you can get updates through there if your phones not picking them up, also try clearing the phones cache
0 Likes
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
I've done the clear cache thing, so I'll try the smart switch
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
is your phone locked to a carrier ? if so that could be why u haven't had it yet also your phone gets quarterly updates so every 3 months but that doesn't mean u will be guaranteed an update every 3 months and with samsung working on one ui 3.0 for all its devices it could delay it a bit further
0 Likes
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
no its unlocked straight from Samsung
0 Likes
williamg209
Pioneer
Options
also I should get monthly security updates not every 3 month ones, as I have so far
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
every update is sent out in batches aswell so that it doesn't overload the servers and your phone is in the same list as mine i have the Samsung a51 and my phone is every 3 months if u click the link it will take u to samsungs website that tells u what phones get monthly updates and what phones get quarterly updates.
https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
0 Likes