Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data issue after One UI 3.1 + Android 11 Update

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 02:49 PM)
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, my A71 had the recent 3.1 + 11 update go in and now has an issue where I can no longer use mobile data properly.

On WIFI everything works fine, but off WIFI I have no internet connection, Chrome can't load pages, other (non-Google) Apps open but can't load any information etc. The only thing that does still work is Facebook Messenger for some reason. My phone still shows I'm connected to my network (Three) 4G+ and plenty of signal etc.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing that would cause this or be a fix?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
pecche801
Pioneer
Options

Same issue with Italy A70

The only fix for me is to go to apn settings and hit the reset factory defaults, data are back immediately. If I create another apn with same identical profile, if I switch to it, it works. Samsung definitely broke something in A7x series with Android 11

pecche801
Pioneer
Options

Italian support service told me to do a total reset of the phone: did that saturday, it worked all the day. then turn off the phone, sunday I turned it on, no mobile data again.

0 Likes
Jonesishere
First Poster
Options
Hi All, my A12 updated to android 11 yesterday. I'm with Vodafone and 'no Internet message' on Chrome etc. after update, showing 'H+' in the header. Seem to still get WhatsApp though, so must be getting some data. Thanks for all posts with solutions. The switch to '3g/2g' then back to '4g/3g/2g' seems to have worked for the A12 as it's now showing '4g' in the header. Cheers
0 Likes
Naveen1
First Poster
Options

Hai I am using the samsung a30 and even I am facing the same problem. My mobile data keeps switching off randomly on its own. Other thing I noticed was that the sim card manager area also was disabled when the mobile data went off. So i tried to switch off the other sim and used my phone with only one sim. This seems to work for me and now mobile data comes continuously. However I cannot keep my second sim off forever. Hope samsung fixes this soon!

0 Likes
LisaScott85
Student
Options
I only have one sim in my phone. I'm still having the same problems although not losing mobile data completely rather instead of 4g on the top of the phone it says h+ and takes a lot longer to load. I was hoping they'd have come up with some sort of fix by now considering the amount of complaints
0 Likes
GrandpaMikey
First Poster
Options
Change you APN to 'internet' Password 'web'. Fixed it for me, although it does slow down the Internet speed considerably. I tried all of the other fixes suggested above and this is the only one that works for me. Samsung S20 FE 5g Android 11. Last update 19th June.
0 Likes
swoops
First Poster
Options

I updated my A51 5g on June 29th, since then I cannot access the internet, but like you Facebook works to a fashion. I hav tried everything mentioned here and nothing works for my phone. I took my phone into a Vodafone shop today and they said it is a Samsung problem with the recent update. Went to the Samsung shop and they said it is a combined problem with Samsung updates and mobile providers compatibility with their software. They said Samsung is working on a fix to this problem and I should update when the new update is available. Considering this problem seems to have been going on since March this year, according to this thread - I am not holding my breath. I use Mobile data a lot, so I'll give it a week then try to get a refund on my Phone, which is the best phone I have ever had up to the most recent update.

0 Likes
stevew85
Student
Options

Just had the same issue with my Samsung S20 after updating to Android 11. Mobile data not working, can only use internet via Wi-Fi. I have spoken to Samsung and managed (hopefully) to fix it now. Note that this fix applies to those on Vodafone.

1. Reset your APN settings. Following the steps here which apply to S20: https://samsungcustomer.lucidcx.com/sam/device/Samsung/GalaxyS20/scenario/reset-the-apn-settings#l=s...

2. Once reset, you need to create a new APN which you can do following the steps here: https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-s20-fe-5g-android-10-0/connectivity/set-up-your-p...

3. Restart phone.

I followed these steps and for now my mobile data seems to be back in action.

0 Likes
Blara
First Poster
Options

I'd just like to inform people that this issue is still occurring now ! After updating my phone (A50 from 2019) to Android 11 last Saturday, mobile data has completely stopped working.

I have tried EVERYTHING I could :

- soft and hard reboot

- remove and reinsert SIM card

- turn airplane mode, mobile data, etc., on and off

- change network preference from 4G/3G/2G to 3G/2G

- reset Access Point Names (APNs)

- reset all network settings

- wipe cache partition through recovery mode

And it is still not working !

I can also confirm that this is not a SIM card issue, as I thankfully have another phone in hand that still runs Android 9, and it still accesses mobile data flawlessly with the same SIM card.

This looks like a MAJOR firmware problem, and it is quite appalling to see it occur identically one year later, with no fix in sight ! Why should I, as an end user, factory reset my device, and painstakingly restore my data, my accounts and my settings simply because an update was mismanaged ?

0 Likes