Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data issue after One UI 3.1 + Android 11 Update

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 11:56 AM)
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, my A71 had the recent 3.1 + 11 update go in and now has an issue where I can no longer use mobile data properly.

On WIFI everything works fine, but off WIFI I have no internet connection, Chrome can't load pages, other (non-Google) Apps open but can't load any information etc. The only thing that does still work is Facebook Messenger for some reason. My phone still shows I'm connected to my network (Three) 4G+ and plenty of signal etc.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing that would cause this or be a fix?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

If you mean the power button + volume down one then yes, no change after that.

Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

No change unfortunately but I appreciate the options :smiling-face:

0 Likes
LisaScott85
Student
Options

Hi, just wondering if a fix was found for this? I updated  days ago and have been having the same trouble, my 3 data doesn't work apart for with Facebook but everything works fine on home broadband. Reset network after speaking with 3, reset phone etc, nothing seems to work 

0 Likes
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

Actually, yes! Mine was fixed by going into settings, then connections, then mobile networks. In there check the network mode, it might say something like LTE/3G/2G (auto connect). Change it to read 3G/2G (auto connect). My data came back instantly that way, but it does limit your connection speed, after a day or so I switched it back again and it remained working properly.

0 Likes
LisaScott85
Student
Options

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I did try this as when I called 3 they asked me to do this although they asked me to change back to the lte option straight away. This did work for a few hours then the signal kept dropping again. I wonder can you uninstall an update? I would rather have the phone back to before and then wait for a another update. Seems to be quite a few problems with this but very few answers. My home broadband is awful because of my area so I try not to connect to it so my children can use it so not very practical not having my mobile data 

0 Likes
LisaScott85
Student
Options

Also strange how I can still connect to my Facebook when I can't connect to anything else. I have only moved over to 3 network a few weeks ago and has initially thought it was their signal but definitely seems to be the Samsung update 

0 Likes
AmmarAhmad
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue after the update, if you have got this issue solved kindly let me know how so that i can also solve that issue.
Thanks

-Ammar Ahmad

0 Likes
LisaScott85
Student
Options

Hi, unfortunately I haven't come across a fix for this yet. At home I just have to turn my mobile data off and use my BT broadband. When out and about if the mobile data stops working I go into settings and change to 3g for a while then back to 4g again and that seems to sort it most of the time but there are still times when I'm left with no data connection. Seems there have been a lot of different troubles since the last update so hopefully they will soon have another to fix everything 

0 Likes
AmmarAhmad
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply man! It really means a lot. But have you tried for "Network Settings Reset", as i have go for that option and after that the mobile data connection is running smoothly without any interruptions.

0 Likes
LisaScott85
Student
Options

Yes one of the first things I did was reset the network settings which also didn't work. Changing from 4g to 3g option seems 6k be the only thing that sorts it temporarily so I will just continue to do that until a new update comes

0 Likes