Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M40 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 25-12-2019 03:01 AM)
Boyzone
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy M40 phone in Aug 2019 (IN). Due to my job, I moved to Germany. Initially for first 3 months the phone performance was very good...However , From last 2-3 weeks the phone started showing below problem..

1. Screen will not dim.

2.  Notification appeared every few seconds- 

Android System USB connector connected/disconnected

Due to above problems, phone battery drained out very fast and sometimes it is very difficult for me to do or receive any call.phone get switched off.

I tried out few basics things...Cleared cache and reset to deafult settings but it did not resolved my problem..

Kindly advise, I can't travel to my home country to just repair my phone..travelling cost is huge. Is there any alternate way to fix this problem or chance to get repair my phone here as it is under warranty..

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Boyzone 

If this was my phone I'd start by putting it in to safe mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

If the issue stops then it's an app causing this so come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Someshs132
First Poster
Options

Same issue with me.

I bought Samsung galaxy note 9 Model N960F.

Moved to United states for work. The software updates kept coming and after upgrading to the latest one I.e UI 2.0 my phones battery started draining faster. I factory reset my phone, tried safe mode, wiped cache. But these things wont help as software is faulty. Whenever I connect to the charger the screen dims but not when charger is not connected. And Samsung's new policy says you cant downgrade the software. So I think this is Samsung's way of saying buy a new phone. I'm gonna switch to a different brand as samsung has kept doing this for all of its phones.

0 Likes