Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Captions NOT Working

(Topic created on: 04-12-2023 07:45 PM)
iamthisdude
Journeyman
Options
Since the last update the Live Captions on both my A52 5G mobile have not functioned properly.

I am left with either a black or white background (Depending on weather I have my phones set to light ot dark display)

The caption preferences are completely non functional even though I have set it as such.

I thought I had solved the issue by doing a factory reset, until a few hours later it reverted back to non functioning.

I am deaf & don't speak, I heavely rely on Live Captions...Please sort it ASAP.
13 REPLIES 13
Whattttt
Voyager
Options
Try to restart your phone if that doesnt work do a hard rest. Press and hold the power and volume down button till the phone turns off. Itll rest itself.
0 Likes
iamthisdude
Journeyman
Options
Done all that. Keeps returning to the same problem.
The issue is with the last update.
I'm angry because I need live Captions as an essential for my daily life.

Needs sorting quickly.
0 Likes
Whattttt
Voyager
Options
If restart doesnt work then it may be a bug and may need you to reset the whole phone. But before that try turning live captions on and off in settings.
0 Likes
iamthisdude
Journeyman
Options
I've factory reset both A52 phones, I refer you to my last post
0 Likes
Whattttt
Voyager
Options
Did the factory reset work.
0 Likes
iamthisdude
Journeyman
Options
Only for about half an hour, until all updates were complete...Then it's back to square one.

I'm forced to have either a light or dark background ( Depending on which theme settings I have, light or dark) my live caption preferences are just ignored...Its a mess!
Whattttt
Voyager
Options
Can you send a screenshot of what it looks like l
0 Likes
iamthisdude
Journeyman
Options
As you can see I'm forced to have either a light or dark background...I don't want any background1700253489382_1700253489368_0.jpg1700253490630_1700253490625_0.jpg
Members_gPsR7vG
First Poster
Options

It seems to be some kind of Bug related to A52g. My wife and me habe the same issues 😞

0 Likes