Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased a new Samsung A71 - Cant claim AKG A500 as it says 'Cant participate in this event' Issue.

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 10:27 AM)
Tim75
First Poster
Options

Just bought a lovely A71 series phone and really happy so far except the Vodafone website clearly states that you get a free pair of AKG Y500 headphones if you purchase within a certain period which I did. I've registered on Samsungsun app as I was told to claim through the app. When I selected claim your AKG Y500 and filled it out it fails and says  'Cant participate in this event. Check event details for eligibility'. Anyone else had this? Anyone else successfully claim this gift yet? Any help from forum members or samsung customer support would be greatly  appreciated.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Marianne88
First Poster
Options
I was told I wasn't eligible either. I just got an A51. Any help Samsung?
0 Likes
keane96
First Poster
Options
the same has happened to me, I purchased an A51 yesterday and haven't been able to claim. where can we ask samsung about this?
0 Likes
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
Try using the link provided below to claim for the free earphones: https://20202.samsungpromotions.claims/akgy500
0 Likes
Tim75
First Poster
Options
Thanks for this link. it looks like it should work. I will fill it out tomorrow and report back. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Tim75
First Poster
Options
I just filled this out and sent photos of my receipt as proof of purchase. just have to wait for 5 days until I hear if my claim is successful. Link works thanks for sharing! 🙂
0 Likes
Tim75
First Poster
Options
See the link below this works as I've just used it to submit the claim for the headphones. takes 5 days until you get a response. Take various photos of receipt beforegand so its clear and easy to read and upload them with the claim.
0 Likes
Tim75
First Poster
Options
See link below it does work and you have to upload photos of your receipt as proof.
0 Likes
shanef
First Poster
Options
used that link last night and got an email first thing this morning that my claim wS validated..ty samsung
0 Likes