Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new A20e on which my house wifi keeps disconnecting. This didn't happen with my previous S7 so it seems a problem with

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 02:16 PM)
AJP1
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
SteveMac
First Poster
Options

Hi. I had this issue which was really annoying me and I think I've resolved it. Go into settings, Device care, Battery, App power management. Then turn "Adaptive battery" option off. I think this stops the Wifi receiver from dropping into low power/standby. Mine now stays connected.

0 Likes
PaulB21
First Poster
Options

Hi. Thanks for posting. I think I'd tried this before but did it again, just in case. Unfortunately no joy. It still disconnects. Might have to try the new router option discussed previously. 

0 Likes
PaulB21
First Poster
Options

Further to my last, I took a look at the BT site again and discovered that they're now doing a Smart hub 2 router upgrade for a one off £10 admin/delivery. 24 month contact renewal. Signed up straight away. Arrived today, plugged in, so far no disconnection issue.

0 Likes
AJP1
First Poster
Options

Hi Paul, that should do the trick. I do think it's disappointing that Samsung, the company, show no awareness of this issue or how it might be resolved. No-one I've contacted there has had any clue, apart from changing bits of hardware which make no difference. They should admit that this Samsung phone is incompatible with certain routers. Doesn't anyone from Samsung read these posts?

0 Likes