Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to transfer my photo's from damaged A70 to my new phone

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 01:32 PM)
Members_XqsHKEz
First Poster
Options

I have dropped my A70 & the screen has gone from flickering purple/green etc to black. The phone is on and some apps are still getting notifications from doorbell, security etc as I can hear them pinging.

I am trying to transfer all of my photo's from the A70 to the A12 but I cannot open up the old phone at all. 

Android file transfer won't work as I cannot access the A70, and trying to use a cable from one phone to the other doesn't work either as you have to select a prompt on the damaged phone A70. 

Can anyone please tell me what piece of kit I need to get to transfer them to my MacBook Pro (Retina 15) (Age Mid 2015) with mac OS Big Sur or to my LG Smart TV please? 

Many thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Use SAMSUNG SMARTSWITCH on your pc, connect the damaged phone with the cable to the pc. Keep tapping on the centre of the damaged phone screen (from the top to the bottom) until your pc says that both are interconnected. perform a backup, as normal. After that, you should get the damaged phone repaired. if you choose not to repair that phone, but want to transfer onto your other phone, do a back up of the other phone too, so that in the SAMSUNG folder on your pc you have an A70 backup, and an A12 back up. Copy all the folders contained in the A70 (damaged device) folder, then paste them into the A12 (new device) folder. Run SMARTSWITCH again, and update your A12 with the A12 FOLDER that you have just overwritten.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you have set up a Samsung account on your phone, you can use Find My Mobile to unlock it.
0 Likes
Members_XqsHKEz
First Poster
Options

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for the information. 

I have downloaded SmartSwitch but every time I plug my phone cable in it keep getting the following error message -

Can’t access device storage 
Make sure that your device is unlocked and 'File Transfer' or MTP mode is deleted.

As I cannot see the screen at all I cannot see if it is unlocking. It did have face recognition on it & a PIN and if you ring the number it is ringing out but obviously I am unable to answer it. 

Is there anything else I can try please?

Kind regards
Jane
0 Likes
Solution
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Thats the error message on your pc, right? Ignore that message - instead, try tapping the phone screen as I suggested, to see if it connects. If it is pin-locked, with the A12 in the startup screen beside it, try to imagine that the broken screen is visible, and by approximating the position of each number on the broken screen, press it. Hopefully, you will replicate your pin number that way.
0 Likes
Members_XqsHKEz
First Poster
Options

Steven,

You are my knight in shining armour 🤺. Persistence pays off & I have finally got into my damaged phone & retrieved my photo's. 😃

I drew a key pad on a piece of paper at the side of the phone so that I had a rough idea on where my keypad was & after a couple of attempts I was in.

I cannot thank you enough for this, you have made my day. 

I am happy to send my phone off for repair now....

Kind regards

Jane

0 Likes