Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop my samsung cell phone asks for password wheni turn it on

(Topic created on: 10-01-2023 06:52 AM)
foadfazel
First Poster
Options

i have a samsung galaxy a03s cell phone i dont know how to stop it from asking for my password every time i turn it on - this is new for me it never used to ask for my password before - now it wont let me use the phone until i enter my password whenever i turn it on

help please anyone it is driving me crazy

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Settings> security and privacy> lock screen

Select none or swipe if you don't want any security, or you can select another such as PIN or face unlock instead to have some security but easier to unlock that typing a password every time.Screenshot_20230110_064630_Settings.jpg
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is a security protocol to stop anyone accessing your phone if you misplace it or it's stolen @foadfazel 

If you really want to not have this protection then look in Settings and Lock Screen , Screen Lock Tyoe and look at the options there.

However I wouldn't recommend not having some form of protection.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Why are you turning the phone on and off?
0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
I turn mine off and one once a week clears the temp files out and keeps it running sweet
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@foadfazel  As others have said it really is best to have some security protection, I think a password is more secure.   I do have  fingerprint set  to unlock the screen(do not think available on your device) but still need the password when the phone is switched on.  Some information here https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/lock-methods-android-phone/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes