Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to save Photos as JPEG not HEIC

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 02:51 PM)
Sabreur
First Poster
Options

Since the last upgrade of my A70 some photos are saved in heic format and fome in jpeg. How do I set it so that all photos are saved in jpeg format?

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Systems
Student
Options
Go in your camera settings menu. It's in the "format and advanced options" section.
Lured_by_the_Ocean67
First Poster
Options

How I wish I'd known this before I went on vacation and every photo I took was taken in HEIC, which, I found out, meant I'd need a converter to switch back to JPEG. What a colossal pain. Despite the conversion, my PC won't allow the converted images to be used as Lock Screen wallpaper. Ridiculous.

Well, thanks to you though, at least now I know what to check!  Much appreciated! 

RT45
First Poster
Options

The camera is an A13 . I went into settings , screenshots and Format and found the format to be JPG. I then took another photo only to find it was still in heic. No idea on how to change that one.

DamselFly
First Poster
Options

I found a converter in the Microsoft Store.  It's called HEIC. https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9pkb9q1gg832?hl=en-US&gl=US It doesn't give an indication whether or not I can convert my videos and download all to my laptop. The price is reasonable BUT I don't see a website or any type of support. Ratings & Review 4.6/5 doesn't tell me who is rating this software. It does work. I do not trust the Microsoft Store bc a few months back, I bought software and The MS Store didn't deliver. The only other option I have is to upgrade my phone. Wouldn't U think Samsung wld get off their dead end and offer us FREE SOLUTIONS? DITTO FOR MS WHO COULD MESS UP A FREE LUNCH & DOES CONTINUEALLY. 

0 Likes