Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter bootloader (A71)

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 09:44 PM)
XGYT
Journeyman
Options
I've googled it and it says power off the phone, and then hold the volume up and power button to enter the bootloader, but this doesn't work for me and my phone just reboots. Is there a new way to enter the bootloader or something?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try inserting a set of earphones or hook upto a laptop with your data cable , it's just the act of hooking up so you don't need to launch anything on your computer , then try accessing the menu system the same way you have been doing.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Johndee
First Poster
Options

Since your device has no Home button, the closest instruction I can find is that of the A72 from Linnaege OS's guide here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/a72q/

• Recovery: With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power while the device is connected to a PC via USB cable.

• Bootloader/Fastboot/Download: With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Volume Down and connect USB cable to PC.

I think the common misconception is the USB connection. Many sites mix it up (I spent days trying to unlock my s20 because I messed up the cable step).

Notice the instruction for unlocking bootloader says to Hold the buttons (Volume DOWN & Power in this case) BEFORE plugging in the cable.

(**NOTE: You have to keep holding the button combinations as you plug the cable!). That was my mistake :winking-face:

0 Likes