25-09-2019 05:55 PM in
I have A70 that got back after a factory reset and I worked hard (again) to setup everything including settings, app downloads and icons organization on the desktop.
Is there a way to quickly backup everything so if I will need another reset/phone repalcement etc I could easily restore everything as if nothing was changed?
I understand correctly that app's settings cannot be backed up?
25-09-2019 09:55 PM - last edited 25-09-2019 10:02 PM
Hi @Amoss and welcome to the Samsung's forum. To do what you want to do, use Smart Switch application...applications settings can be backup too. Please refer to this link :
26-09-2019 12:51 AM in
Alternatively, you can use findmymobile service to backup/sync your important files.
Requires enabling Remote unlock first on your A70 phone.
Settings > Biometrics and security > Find my mobile
Contacts (saved on phone)
Calendar (saved on phone)
Data to sync
Only items saved to your Samsung account will be synced.
If you'll have your phone back, simply login to Samsung Cloud on your phone and tap restore/sync.
Settings > Clouds and back up > Samsung Cloud.
26-09-2019 12:56 AM - last edited 26-09-2019 12:57 AM
Thanks about smart switch, I will check it out but I guess I will know if it really works only when I will need to move the data to a new device
2 questions if I may:
1) Can I switch the data between 2 mobiles that are not connected to one another?
2) The device must have the app for the home screen to show it. It means I have to backup both apps and home screen (will it save all desktops)?
3) What about the calendar and call logs? I didn't see that in the screenshots.
26-09-2019 01:00 AM in
26-09-2019 02:13 AM - last edited 26-09-2019 02:22 AM
Hi @Amoss , I don't remember the exact procedures but when it did that but i did that on my tablets Tab S4 and I Switch the backup on my Note 10 +. Everything was save exactly like it was on my tablet with the same settings and the same wallpaper picture. The documents, pictures, settings, applications, almots everything.
For the calendar, if you already have the same synchronised calendar on your PC, you can have it again on your phone, just select the right email account.
1) Can I switch the data between 2 mobiles that are not connected to one another? If i remember, i used Wifi Direct to switch the data from my Tab S4 end My Note10+.. I did'nt use any cable
2) The device must have the app for the home screen to show it. It means I have to backup both apps and home screen (will it save all desktops)? Smart Switch backup the device you are using, not other devices and the backup can reinstall everything on your device after you have made a factory reset. If i remenber.
3) What about the calendar and call logs? I didn't see that in the screenshots. Not sure about his for the call logs and like i say for the calendar, if you have it on your PC, no problems
I guess I will know if it really works only when I will need to move the data to a new device. You have a lot of way to backup your phone, with Google on Google Drive (15 gigs), with Microsoft Onedrive (5 gigs), on a Micro-SD card, on your PC with a USB cable...Everybody want to save your Data
Regarding find my phone, not sure I understand "Requires enabling Remote unlock first on your A70 phone." . This is not the way Samsung recommand to backup your device BUT maybe @strawberry cake can answer to your question ,,,
And, sorry for my english, i do my best to answer you and i practice my english
26-09-2019 10:24 AM in
I now saw that I have to use wifi or a cable to switch the data. On occasions where I don't have the old phone, it won't work. I was hoping I could make a backup "outside" the phone and use it to restore when I have the new one. Just like a cloud backup app (that doesn't save some of the stuff I mentioned earlier).
I have events in Google calendar and on my phone, not on my pc, I wonder why it has so many features but not the calendar 🙂
You wrote other options of backing up data but none I know save the apps/layouts etc....