Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i assign different notification sounds for different apps on my galaxy a52?

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 06:58 PM)
Sweetpotato5212
Apprentice
Options

On my previous phones I have been able to have different sounds for text messages, life 360 alerts, messenger and many other apps. I have not been able to figure out how to do that on the  Galaxy A52. Right now every notification has the same sound and it's making me crazy. Please help. 

26 REPLIES 26
Sweetallsorts
Apprentice
Options

To change text sounds do it from text msg settings, to change Gmail go into Gmail settings  etc

0 Likes
arcangel104
First Poster
Options

Hi, had the same issue and this is how we were able to fix it. Once you have received a notification for any application, you can go into settings/notifications. under that you can see "Recently sent", with a more to bring up additional notifications under that. 

Select the app you wish to change the sound for from this, Which will then bring up the usual limited info for some apps (some like messenger or whatsapp have the sound choice available by default.

Now go to notification categories - In there you will have 1 or more different notifications you have received for your app. select the category that you want to have a different sound for and you will now be able to select a sound from Samsung's list.

Alternatively you can do the same by navigating to the settings/applications/"select an app"/Categories and continue from there.

Hope this fixes your problem - not the most intuitive approach to sounds, but we have tested it on my wife's phone and it does work.

Reallyerica
First Poster
Options

Oh, my gosh... I finally figured it out!

The pathway is many-layered and can be slightly different from app to app. Here are the basic steps: 

Settings>Apps>(select the app you want to adjust)>Notifications>Notification Categories>Category (if more than one category is listed)>Sound

For some apps:

Settings>Apps>(select app)>Notifications>In-app Notification Settings>(select category)>Notification tone

Weycat
Student
Options
There is the facility to customise sound per App but it's buried deep & there appears to be no procedure written .
I found the way a bit of a faff but it does work .
You can either go via the setting/apps or setting/notifications. I used the setting/notifications method as it show me which apps I have set to notify.
1. Select the app you wish to change the sound to
This next step is a bit more complex as it depends on the app
2. Example: Email
Tap on Notifications Categories
Tap on Privacy & Security
Tap on Sound
Brings up list where you can change for this app.
The procedure changes because of the app but a bit of trial & error you will find the setting.
Hope this helps as it has taken me several hrs in finding this out for my new Samsung A52s. Cheers
0 Likes
Weycat
Student
Options
I have posted a procedure I have found that works, it's a bit of a faff but will answer your problem.
0 Likes
Weycat
Student
Options
Find my txt regarding how to make each app have its own sound.
0 Likes
KathyB1
First Poster
Options

I struggled to locate my Samsung account logins and how to be able to make a comment on these boards just so that I can tell you THANK YOU.  This was awesome, and it works perfectly.  This is suddenly happening to my phone a lot in the past few weeks, so I made a note on how to fix it by copying all your words.  I am SO glad I scrolled all the way through people's comments on this thread until I got to yours.  😃

0 Likes