Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate are the diagnostic tests?

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 03:25 PM)
_Rachel_
Student
Options
First time posting so I'm unsure if this is the right place/way to do it.

When I check my gallery it can sometimes be fine but then other times I get a little notification at the top of the app that says something about my SD card having "corrupt files" and that I may want to back it up soon or something along those lines.

I have no idea how long it's been saying this as it only comes up when I choose to view my photos in my gallery as "photos" and not "albums" and I've always viewed as albums, the notification isn't there when it's viewed this way, I just came across it by accident one day.

I've ran a diagnostics on my phone since then, a few times, and each time it's said my SD card is normal so unsure if the notification is a glitch with software or if the diagnostic isn't accurate. I have bought a USB stick to put my photos and videos on and everything is backed up to Google photos to be safe, I've also bought a new SD card but just wondered as I don't want the same issue with my new SD card which is the Samsung EVO and wasn't the cheapest
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Good thing you've gone ahead of yourself to be safe.. put a few photos on the new SD and try it out...
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It sounds like some type of glitch to me between the two ways of viewing your photo's @_Rachel_ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
_Rachel_
Student
Options
That's what I thought seeing as this only shows up when I view my gallery in a different way. The notification also disappears when I restart my phone so I thought it was strange
0 Likes