Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 09:55 PM)
camcronie
Journeyman
Options
Hello all. I have a second hand unlocked Samsung Galaxy A10 and I am in the UK. However, I cant get the Android 10 update! My mobile hasn't updated since the October 2019 Security  Patch. Upon trying  to update, it comes up with this! (look at screenshot  image) What do I do? Please help!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
PhoneHelperUK
Pioneer
Options
Phone might not support it? Don't have this model specified but I heard that the A-series has been restricted to Android 9 and capped there. Sorry to hear this, but that's all I know. Have a good evening!
camcronie
Journeyman
Options
Ahh no that's a shame! It's just I've been seeing on YouTube and Google the Samsung A10 getting the update, oh dear. I'll look a it further into it but if I cant find anything, oh well! Thank you so much for your help! You have a good evening too!😊
0 Likes
PhoneHelperUK
Pioneer
Options
Thanks! You too! :smiling-face:
skandigraun
Explorer
Options

That will be something else. A10 is still supported, and it gets regular updates (last came just two weeks ago), see the changelog from Samsung: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A105FN/ROM/doc.html

If your phone is rooted, it might become ineligible for updates. You can try unrooting it. (E.g. using SuperSU app. If your phone isn't rooted, then this app won't work anyway, so no harm trying)

If that doesn't help, and you haven't done it already, a full factory reset maybe?

camcronie
Journeyman
Options
I will try the app. Thank you so much for your help!
0 Likes
camcronie
Journeyman
Options
My device isn't rooted, and I did a factory reset a couple of days ago, I'm not sure what to do. But again, thank you so much for your help!!
0 Likes
Alan-UK
Journeyman
Options
Each mobile provider decides when to apply updates.

Either ask your provider when update will be available or maybe try a sim for another company temporarily until update is done. THREE mobile seem to issue updates fairly soon after Samsung release them.
0 Likes
camcronie
Journeyman
Options
Thing is, my mobile is Factory Unlocked, but my sim card is on three. Later on I will find my old Tesco sim and see if that will work. Thank you so much for your help!
0 Likes
Alan-UK
Journeyman
Options
As you are already with THREE it's probably not this as they are good at issuing updates. You could try calling their technical support.