Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 : Play Store not certified

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 02:32 PM)
Quentief
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone 🙂

I am writing this message because I am facing to some problems with my Galaxy A8. Actually, I have recently tried to install Teams on my phone to stay joignable with my company, but it appears that my phone is not certified by Google Play Store, therefore my phone is considered as unsecured and I can't ise my professional account on Teams.

What I cannot understand is why my phone failed to meet the Google Play security standards. I have never rooted my phone or unlock it's bootloader. The Samsung knox still is at the 0x00000 state. I tried to clear the Google Play Store cache, deactivate then activate the application, restart my phone, wipe the cache partition,... But Google Play Store refuses to change its mind about my phone.

Have you ever experienced a such trouble ? I don't know what to do to solve this problem. My phone is 3 years old, is it "too old" to be considered as secured ? That would be very disappointing 😕

Many thanks in advance, any help would be very appreciated

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Quentief ,

it's really difficult to say what has caused this without hands on the phone. However, I have found this Google Support page that can help you getting this certified again so you can keep your Galaxy A8 secure and use all the apps.

0 Likes
Quentief
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to send a feedback to Google as it is mentioned. Nothing for the moment.

0 Likes
Quentief
First Poster
Options

Hello again 🙂

I haven't received any thing or any help from Google. I know that it is possible to make the Pay Store to change its opinion about the phone by using Magisk, but that only works for rooted phone. But paradoxically, if I root my phone, I know the knox micro fuse inside my phone will be triggered and some Samsung features won't work again 😫

Do you know what is exactly the list of Samsung functions which will be gone if I choose to do this ? I have been told that the OTA update won't work again, is that true ?

I just want to understand what is my best option if I want to preserve my phone.

Many thanks in advance for your help 🙂

0 Likes