Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A50 screen problems after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 11:53 AM)
xsole87
Journeyman
Options

Hello there,

Yesterday, my Galaxy A50 was upgraded to Android 10 with OneUI 2.0. After this, my smartphone has a software bug with the colour of the screen, displaying the colours a little bit orange. The biggest problem is the black colour, that is showing like dark brown. This is annoying if i use Always On Display, consuming too much battery and affecting thw image quality. 

I assure it's a software bug because in the boot screen (the one with samsung logo) the background appears pure black, but after that, all blacks are like browns. 

I already checked:

- Blue light filter is turned off

- Accesibility options --> Visibility enhancements: All settings turned off

- Colour calibration (at the moment, like always in my phone, it's in "Intense" mode, and the white balance is in the middle)

Anyone is facing the same problem? Is any workaround for this?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @xsole87 ,

let's have a look into this together. Is this present in all the apps and screens? Have you tried to run a Hardware Test? This can be done by following these steps:

• On the Phone app, dial *#0*#.

• Select in turn Red, Green, and Blue from along the top row.

• Inspect the Home Screen on each option for any marks.

xsole87
Journeyman
Options

Hello RessM, thanks for your reply!

I followed your instructions in my Samsung Galaxy A50, and in a Galaxy A6+ from my wife to compare the screens. I assume both  are SuperAMOLED screens. The test results that in Galaxy A50 the white and the black colours are different than the A6+ ones. Previously, with Android 9 both screens was showing the same colours.

I'm attaching some photos comparing the two screens. 

Thanks

White screen in A50 looks like a little yellow/greyWhite screen in A50 looks like a little yellow/greyRed screen looks OKRed screen looks OKBlue screen looks OKBlue screen looks OKThe black screen (black button in hardware test) looks like brown or some kind of green. The pixels should be off!The black screen (black button in hardware test) looks like brown or some kind of green. The pixels should be off!Green screen looks OKGreen screen looks OK

Thanks!

jeans
Apprentice
Options

My phone has exactly the same problem. I have an A50. When upgraded to Android10 the same error occurred. I really need the solution.  

When I print the screen, the brown is much stronger. if I enter safe mode, and take a print it does not appear. 

Lotris
First Poster
Options

Same here on he a50, just done the update and all the blacks are greenish, even the always on display is not off. 

xsole87
Journeyman
Options
I'm facing the same issue with screenshots.
jeans
Apprentice
Options

no solution?

0 Likes
Igorraic
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. 

Igorraic
Apprentice
Options
I just want to add, now there is no point in dark mode because black is brown 😞
0 Likes
Solution
Igorraic
Apprentice
Options

I have found a solution. At least this has worked for me. I have made Factory reset and now again everything is normal. But please be aware that Factory reset will erase everything.