Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A34 Google voice replies

(Topic created on: 15-10-2023 10:05 AM)
Rasputin46
Journeyman
Options

Just bought the A34 to replace my A22.

The phone is working well with only one issue which is that when using Google assist I don't get a voice reply just the text. If I use Chrome the voice assistant gives me a verbal reply.

I've been through the chat with Samsung and did everything they said to no avail. I've compared the settings with my A22 and they are the same so what's going on.

Anyone else have this issue or can you help. I could return the phone but after setting it all up I don't want the hassle. It's got to be software that I'm missing somewhere.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rasputin46
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.

I've only just solved the issue after two days of going through every possibility.

I thought I might uninstall the Google app but it wouldn't let me do this so I rolled back the updates on this and this worked. I've left them my review as there must be a bug in their latest update.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Rasputin46: Please try opening the Google app on your Galaxy A34 > Tap your profile in the top right > Settings > Voice > Spoken results > On. Let me know if this helps. 

Solution
Rasputin46
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.

I've only just solved the issue after two days of going through every possibility.

I thought I might uninstall the Google app but it wouldn't let me do this so I rolled back the updates on this and this worked. I've left them my review as there must be a bug in their latest update.

0 Likes