Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A34 5G dual sim + SD card

(Topic created on: 24-05-2023 01:56 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

I have just purchased a new Galaxy A34 5G dual SIM phone. It is advertised as being Dual SIM +microSD card. When I purchased it I discussed with the sales agent about fitting these 3 cards: SIM1, SIM2 + microSD saying I have an existing Galaxy A51 which similarly supports 3 such cards. My A51 has a tray with 3 slots, (one for each of the 3 cards). I asked whether the A34 supplied with a similar 3 slot tray and was told "yes".

However, when I installed my A34 I discovered there were only 2 tray slots - 1 smaller and the other larger. Clearly the larger slot will take a microSD but no 3rd slot as I expected. The manual is a little unclear, but I know some manufacturers have card slots which take 2 separate cards in one slot by
- one card facing up one way and
- the other facing the opposite direction. 

My question is will the A34 take all three cards with the larger slot taking both a SIM + microSD facing opposite directions or do I just have the options of either:
- 2 SIMS or
- 1 SIM + microSD
?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I'm sorry you were misinformed - you can fit EITHER 2 Sim Cards or 1 Sim card and one Micro SD card.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Is it esim aswell as physical sim + sd card ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
That'd be why you were told it's dual sim maybe ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Solution
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I'm sorry you were misinformed - you can fit EITHER 2 Sim Cards or 1 Sim card and one Micro SD card.

WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

OK, it's a pity I was misinformed. Interestingly I've got a Samsung tablet which has a single card slot. But after purchase I discovered to my surprise it can actually take two separate cards in the one slot!  It's a pity they haven't implemented the same idea on my A34 but, never mind, I still like the phone because of other good features it has!

SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Yeah, just one of those things. I have dual sim + eSim BUT no micro SD, which some people miss. I guess it's just one of those 'what you value the most' things.

If you've had the phone less than 14 days, you could maybe check with the retailer about a refund or swap for another wonderful Samsung device?

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Most phones coming on the market now don't have the SD Slot only the lower midrange do like yours. The S22 tother S23 series don't have it as they have bigger storage and therefore don't need it.
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Further to this, the internal storage is much faster than an SD card, so saving, storing and downloading is much faster.

0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

@keith30 wrote:
Most phones coming on the market now don't have the SD Slot only the lower midrange do like yours. The S22 tother S23 series don't have it as they have bigger storage and therefore don't need it.

Yes, I understand that. Certainly in the past default storage was so low that often I couldn't even get all my apps installed, so I found SD card pretty essential. Nowadays I go for at least 256GB internal storage which covers all my basic needs. However I would still like to have some "alternative" storage on SD card for stuff like books, video/films etc. I have a few 512 GB SD cards but, as you say, "modern" mobiles generally don't accommodate them. What kind of big internal storage capacity is now on offer on the more upmarket devices? Is there any kind of external (plugin) storage available these days on any mobiles?

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

You should be able to connect SSDs and pendrives via the USB C port to your phone.