Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A20 bluetooth issue

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 10:01 PM)
wyrm
First Poster
Options

Since my wife and I switched to A20, the phone would drop bluetooth connection every minute or two.

The disconnection would stop Android Auto working which is a disaster when I am driving on Waze.

And it seems that A20 is not the only model affected, or just Samsung, the cause seems to be Android Pie.

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/05/10/android-pie-bluetooth-pairing-connectivity-issues-might-finally-be...

The good news is Google may already have fixed it (according to the article), the bad news is Samsung might be very slow applying the patch to their update.

So if anyone from Samsung is reading this community, can you tell me when I can get this thing fixed?

24 REPLIES 24
Karlhm76
First Poster
Options
I am also having issues with bluetooth. If i connect a device that only has contact access, no calls or sound, the device disappears, even though it is still connected. After a few days the connection fails and i need to remove the device and add it again.
Destro908
First Poster
Options

I am having problems with this most recent system software update it killed my bluetooth range now I have to keep all of my speakers within five feet and in direct unobscured straight path of the phone otherwise it loses signal

Tyson23
First Poster
Options

Mine is having the same exact issue that started about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Funnysolo
First Poster
Options

Having the bluetooth range issues ever since I updated to android 10.. Can barely listen to my wireless earbuds while my phone is placed right in front of me with no blocking objects. Forgot about placing your phone in your pocket...

Canine64
First Poster
Options

I have a new Galaxy A20 phone, since Jan. 2020.  I just purchased a new set of Raycon E55 Wireless headphones...they worked Great...until the most recent update, about 2 weeks ago?!? Now I put my phone in my pocket, front or rear pocket...and the earbuds lose the connection!! It's drives me nuts! Especially when cutting the grass, or going for a bike ride...the earbuds go in & out...continuously. My phone literately, has to be in my face, or on my shoulder, for the bluetooth to work properly! 

I thought it was the new Raycon's that were messing up, but I tried my old pair of old head phones, but they are doing the same exact thing! Hence why I'm here...looking for the answers, or maybe the root causes, hopefully some solutions?

I've tried everything...but no to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Samsung...are you listening? Many others on here, are having the same issues. I use & need my earbuds daily!  I love my A20 phone...but this issue could & would be a 'Deal Breaker' for me. I have zero issues getting another phone, by another maker too.

Diebeaver
Student
Options

Same issue please samsung fix this! Galaxy a20 new update screwed up my range and connection to different devices

Diebeaver
Student
Options

Samsung please fix the bluetooth range and connection issues on this new update. My phone is currently the galaxy a20. 

AbrahamB
Student
Options

I've got this issue too and it's frustrating. I can't just put my phone in my pocket when i'm on a walk anymore.

David189
First Poster
Options

Has any one fixed the range issue with the a20

10 update I'm about to throw this phone and never get another galaxy