Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A14 Camera file unsuppported

(Topic created on: 12-01-2024 06:23 PM)
Rocketron62
Apprentice
Options

I have a new Galaxy A14 but when taking a photo and tapping on the thumb nail is says 'File Unsupported'! What is going on?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Rocketron62: That's strange. For clarity, are you tapping on the preview image of the photo from within the Camera app itself? Which camera mode are you using when the issue occurs? If you head to the Gallery app, are you able to view the photo from here? 

Although this shouldn't be an issue, you may wish to try tapping the cog symbol in the Camera app to access the settings menu > Advanced picture options > High efficiency pictures, and toggle this option off if it is active. Furthermore, swipe up from your Home screen > Samsung (folder ) > My Files > Images > Press and hold on a recently captured image > Tap the 3 dots in the bottom right > Open with > Gallery, and choose this as your default app if prompted. 

0 Likes
Rocketron62
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the delay. Andrew. I've had trouble logging in: new member to this site.

I'll try and answer your questions.

I've tapping on the preview image with the camera app. It says 'File unsupported'. I'm just using Photo. It doesn't show in the Gallery app or in My Files or Google Photos. I haven't selected High Efficiency Pictures either.

Can't believe I've bought a phone which will not take pictures!

A puzzle.

Regards

Rocketron

I don't appear to have a Samsung folder. 

0 Likes