Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Fault after update to Android 10

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 08:17 PM)
Bentuck1976
Journeyman
Options

Hi, since updated to Android 10 phone has been great except for one thing, when I go into settings it's always makeing a jump to device care! And when I want to look into Apps settings I cannot look at the information because it jumps into the next setting app storage, there has been a few anomalies when I go into settings, as the phone and software has been faultless these couple of error's have been frustrating, hopefully I have given you the information in a way that is easy to understand, thanks, Ben.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Bentuck1976 ,

that doesn't sound right to me. Is this only happening when you go to Settings? Would you be able to test the Touchscreen to see if this is operating correctly?

• From the phone dialler, enter *#0*#.

• Select Touch.

• Place your finger over the screen and trace the pattern.

Does it follow your finger closely and accurately?

0 Likes
Bentuck1976
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thank you for your time and reply, yes only in settings, screen is perfect in every way phone is new, I thought maybe this was a fault that other people may be experiencing as it only happened after I updated to Android 10, when I go into settings, not all but most, will just jump straight to device care, I cannot click back it will switch to device care again! Also if I go to settings then click on Apps it won't stay on the next page we're app information is it will jump to the next page we're app storeage is, and there again a cannot click back as it will switch page again, then I will have to close it and start from the beginning, never encountered a glitch like this, I apologize if I am not getting across what I am experiencing I don't know much about tech, thank you Ben.

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is really odd and we don't have any previous reports about anything similar to this. Can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart, and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode. Once there, go to Settings.

Is this also happening in Safe Mode?

0 Likes
Bentuck1976
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, thank you so much, i am very grateful for your time and reply, what you asked me to do was correct, i must of installed something that has caused settings to act like that, as soon as i went into safe mode as you said problem was not there! Everything worked fine, very surprised am so careful what i download and install, could i ask best way to fix? Remove Apps until settings works again? I just thought it was latest update because all happened same day, thank you again for your time i had no idea what to do, Cheers my friend, Ben.

0 Likes