Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eye comfort shield has stopped working

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 08:01 AM)
kate179
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

I've always had the eye comfort shield activated on my A52s 5G and for some reason, since updating to Android 13, it isn't working. 

I have adjusted the settings, adjusted the temperature, set 'sleep mode' and reset my accessibility settings hoping it would work. It hasn't.

I haven't got any other accessibility settings activated e.g. colour inversion or colour correction.

Any advise would be great.
Thanks in advance.
23 REPLIES 23
JamzyJames
First Poster
Options
Having this exact problem! Only since the recent update have I noticed it however.
TCTurner86
First Poster
Options
So I've just discovered this issue and after reading through all of them there was one thing none of us had tried. I noticed my battery had not long dropped below 50% Just charged it to 55% turn the ECS off and on again and would you believe it worked. Not totally sure it's because of the battery level, but seemed far too coincidental to not mention it. Hope this works for the rest of you!
0 Likes
EMD-powerxD
First Poster
Options

My sheild only turn itself off when my screen goes dark and I press the off-button before it locks, then I have to actually lock the screen and use my fingerprint to unlock it and then the shield works again. Still really annoying tho, and it's frustrating that Samsung isn't giving any answers on here... I also noticed that all of the replies here is from people with phones from the A series, so I guess that's why Samsung isn't bothering helping, since we got the cheaper phones we get less support 🤣

EngineerMDR
First Poster
Options

Another me too.  This is very annoying!  I also hate that I am forced to update when a new update is available.  Please fix this soon.

0 Likes
Members_sZRtk1Z
Student
Options

I've found a temporary solution and since Samsung hasn't done anything to fix this issue I thought I'd at least share it here. Whenever the eye comfort shield suddenly stops working, turn the shield off and on again, then lock the phone. After unlocking it, the shield works. It's annoying because it still happens at least once a day, but much better than having to deal with a screen that gives me headaches. Hope this helps others!

VicMc
First Poster
Options

So I've figured it out! Try turning off and on your power saving mode. I did this and the BLF came back right away

Members_5zujlDU
First Poster
Options

Samsung support are a bunch of useless incompetent ingrates that know less about their own devices than their users do. Their answer to everything s factory reset. Factory reset doesn't solve the problem. It will come back, then what?

Hrob
First Poster
Options

Mine stopped working randomly a few days ago. I did an update hoping that it would solve the problem but it has not. It says that the eye shield is on but it is obviously not working. I hope Samsung fixes this bug soon. My eyes will thank you

0 Likes
EngineerMDR
First Poster
Options

I got a new update for my phone yesterday.  I was hoping this would fix the eye comfort shield issue.  But no, it fixed nothing.  I'll look for my next phone elsewhere.

0 Likes
amberCore
First Poster
Options

This worked for me, too.

0 Likes