Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only

(Topic created on: 26-04-2022 03:01 AM)
DDorian
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

My Samsung A52 gets stuck on "Emergency Calls Only" repeatedly.

I have checked that the issue is not with the SIM card (The problem persists even after I ordering a new SIM card from my service provider, so that is NOT a faulty SIM card issue) so I can only assume there is something wrong with the phone.

I don't know if the issue is software-related or hardware-related. My phone software is up to-date though. Only way I manage to get the network back is by doing the following:

• Set Network mode to manual (3G only)
  • Activate Airplane Mode
  • Deactivate Airplane Mode
  • Then, set the network mode back to automatic (4G/3G/2G)

However, the fix only lasts between a few minutes and a few hours...

It is not normal that I have to reproduce these steps (several times a day) just to regain network access. When left on automatic mode, the phone never manages to reconnect.

Could you please help me fix this issue once and for good?

Regards,
Dorian

6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page maybe helpful to you

How to deactivate the Emergency mode

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-deactivate-the-emergency-mode/
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition A52' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@DDorian: Is the issue occurring everywhere, or in a certain location? Do you have access to another compatible phone that you can try your SIM in, to help determine if the issue lies with the phone or your network? If you have a case or cover on the phone, can you try removing it temporarily to see if this helps?

As a troubleshooting step, please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode and monitoring the performance for a while, depending on the frequency of the issue. If you notice an improvement to your connection while in Safe Mode, restart the phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed, third party apps. 

To proceed, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
DDorian
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL,

Thank you for your answer.
The issue is happening everywhere and removing the case doesn't help. I have tried with another device and haven't encountered any issue so far, so I assume this is not a network issue.

I have followed your steps for activating Safe Mode, but the issue still occurs.
What else do you suggest me to do regarding the issue?

Regards,
Dorian

0 Likes
DDorian
Apprentice
Options

Also, emergency mode was already off, I think the issue is different.
Wiping the cache did not solve the issue either.

Another interesting thing to note is that whenever I manage to reconnect to the network, many people have reported poor call quality (my voice is being frequently cut). Could there be some defective hardware?

Jose Ruiz
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, and it used to happen in my Galaxy S8 too

0 Likes