Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email going straight to recycle bin

(Topic created on: 27-02-2020 10:35 AM)
chrisA40
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung A40 using the samsung mail app . Some of my incoming emails are directed straight into the recycle bin instead of the inbox . Is there a solution for this?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @chrisA40! Please head to: Email app > Settings > Account settings > Your Email > Incoming Settings > Delete email from server > Tap the drop-down and select "When I delete" from Inbox. This should do the trick.

0 Likes
chrisA40
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your suggestion but ufortunately it doesnt work on my A40 ; I opened the email app then selected Email settings but there is not an option to select Account settings , I did try selecting Manage Folders but Inbox is greyed out and cant be selected. I also tried opening the email app selecting the three horizontal lines at the top of the screen then selecting the sttings icon , I then selected my email address and server settings but incoming server is only a heading which cannot be selected. Having spent all of my working life using outlook it does seem that the samsung email is overly complicated and somebody has attempted to reinvent the wheel and ended up with a square one

0 Likes