Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does not meet security requirements

(Topic created on: 02-09-2023 10:16 PM)
mojo66
Apprentice
Options
Since the March software update, my A53 gives me the above message and does not work for contactless payments. Before the update it worked perfectly well. Subsequent updates have not corrected this. Is there a quick fix to restore this functionality?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
mojo66
Apprentice
Options
Utter nonsense. It worked perfectly well for 9 months on the same phone.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mojo66  Is the issue with Google pay/Wallet, similar issues were reported in the past.  I am taking it that you have not rooted your Device? If device is play certified as outlined in the link above  ideas  include clearing the cache/Data of the app, deleting and reinstalling the app.   If none of these work try uninstalling Goggle Play service updates.   Go to Settings-Apps-Google Play services- Uninstall updates and restart the Device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
James is right, not all banks allow contact less payments now unless the device meets the criteria as approved by Google /Samsung. Look at the app in the playstore and check the info, it will say if that app on the device meets the conditions. Do your homework!
mojo66
Apprentice
Options
I've been working on it for 6 months so don't patronise me. Google wallet worked before and the only change to the phone was a Samsung system update that has removed the functionality.4 Samsung know this is a problem affecting some phones but have failed to correct the issue. Short of a full factory reset, with no guarantee of fixing the issue,they have offered no solution.
0 Likes
mojo66
Apprentice
Options
Tried all this before. None helps.
0 Likes
Davainbrown
Journeyman
Options
Hi
0 Likes