Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone recommend the best free antivirus/cache cleaner for samsung phones

(Topic created on: 30-08-2023 04:55 PM)
missbee
Apprentice
Options
I've been using clean master for a while on my samsung galaxy a32 5g phone but only recently I keep getting notifications that it's not working and it's been put into a deep sleep mode. Can anyone recommend a decent free antivirus/cache app that works well. And can you please tell me how samsung knox works.
Thanks bernie.
8 REPLIES 8
keith30
Maestro
Options
Device care comes as standard to your device, you'll find it in your settings part of your phone, scans everyday automatically for malware and virus's.
missbee
Apprentice
Options
Thankyou for the reply to my post.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@missbee Personally I do not think an Anti virus on Android is strictly necessary if  you do not go outside official sources, I am happy with the security  protection provided by Knox and McAfee Anti Virus is on Board should you wish to use it.  Think it can create problems if you have additional  Anti Virus software running with the MCAfee enabled. However opinions vary and you may wish to have a look at this thread.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/new-to-samsung-and-android-do-i-need-antivirus... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

suttyon1
Pathfinder
Options
Should be standard on your phone
Just type scan in your settings
missbee
Apprentice
Options
Thankyou for your reply James, how do I enable mcafee anti virus. Is it free?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@missbee  It can be enabled via Device Care,see some details here https://www.easytechguides.com/how-to-activate-the-built-in-antivirus-on-a-samsung-galaxy/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
Hi Bernie, I'm sure you don't need necessarily any of antivirus app. When you get software update then after always highly recommended clear cache partition that's it. Plus Samsung device care default app is really good.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Just on a side note... There are many anti virus or cleaning apps on the play store that don't even work and are just riddled with ad ware. More of a nuisance than helpful of effective. I've never had to use any anti virus personally.

I use the Samsung maintenance settings in the phone settings.
0 Likes