Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use home WiFi network with A50

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 02:19 PM)
lu-mon
First Poster
Options

The past couple of days I've not been able to use my home WiFi, either 2.4g or 5g, with my A50. I can connect to both, but only to recieve the message that "internet may not be available". Resetting the router has made no difference, and in any case every other device in the house is working as usual, so I'm worried the issue might be my device.

I've tried a few different things, forgetting and reconecting to the networks, restarting the device, running the device in safe mode, resetting network settings and wiping the cache - nothing has made any change yet! Any more suggestions about what the issue may be and how to fix it would be much apreciated.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
bridder
First Poster
Options

Same for me on my A50, probably been happening for a while now, connected to home wifi but frequently loses the internet, says connected without internet. Turned it off in frustration and put it in a draw, using my secondary at the moment. Got an update a couple of days ago and thought great, here's the fix. Nope, just the August security patch. Please take a look at this Samsung.

Edit with some information

Model number: SM-A505F/DS

Build number: QP1A.190711.020.A505FDDSSBTH5

0 Likes
Fisto
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I fixed this issue after disabling ( setting to 0 ) this setting on my Asus Wifi router "Group Key Rotation Interval".

0 Likes
Prashant_
First Poster
Options

Hello, I was also suffering from this issue..Tried all solutions mentioned above but it didn't work.

Finally I fixed by below steps.

Setting > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap Setting icon on connected wifi > Advanced > MAC address type(Change from Randomised MAC to Phone MAC)

Hurray!! Issue Solved.

Daniel_Ger
First Poster
Options

Changing the MAC setting also solved the issue for me, thanks. Also I spotted that my phone used to connect to 2.4 GHz instead of 5GHz automatically for some reason

0 Likes
Hanna13
First Poster
Options

Thankyou so much !!! It's working for me ㅠㅠ you truly lifesafer thankyou so so much

0 Likes