Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to 5ghz network

(Topic created on: 03-02-2024 02:16 PM)
brown_boy
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I am unable to connect to the 5ghz network of my router. My device model is Samsung A33 5g (I also upgraded my phone to the latest version). I have checked other device models can connect to the 5ghz network but my device does not even detect the 5ghz network. Could anyone provide mw with an solution. I also used the 5ghz network of other router and it worked fine, currently I am using Tenda TX2 pro (link to the router - https://www.tendacn.com/product/tx2pro.html )

#networkproblem #wifi

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Please can you go to:

Settings
General Management
Reset
Reset Network Settings

Once you have done this, you'll need to re-enter your WiFi password (and this will be the case for any other saved networks you have).

All being well, you should then be able to see 5ghz.

I am assuming your router has 5ghz available and turned on.
brown_boy
Apprentice
Options

I already did that but it still did not work. I checked with another Samsung device it face the same issue, it doesn't recognize the 5ghz network, so I tried with an iPhone the 5ghz network can be seen.

0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Hi, can you not just combine your 2.4 and 5ghz together? why do u need seperage networks for each frequencys?
0 Likes
brown_boy
Apprentice
Options

I tried both way, I combined and check whether it connects to the 5ghz network and turned off the combine function to see if the 5ghz network show on my device.

0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
So if you combined them, how do you know your device isnt connected to 5ghz after combining your network?
0 Likes
brown_boy
Apprentice
Options

I checked network information in connectivity lab. Usually when the network is combined, when the device is at a near distance from the router the router automatically provides the 5ghz networks to the device but I also did try by not combining the two network bands and still didn't show the 5ghz network

0 Likes
PANTHERS
Apprentice
Options

Go To setting

About phone 

Software Information 

GooglePlaysyatemupdate

Update this to latest version and phone will ask to restart. And 5g is back

0 Likes
A54 5ghz wifi issue
Journeyman
Options

I am on A54 5G (SM-A546B/DS) and have suffered from this 5ghz issue too. I have found and installed the update (now it is Jan 1st,  24 level) but it did not fix my issue - still when connecting to a 5g wifi I get no internet or transfer speed is unacceptable. 😞

0 Likes
brown_boy
Apprentice
Options

Updating the phone also didn't work for, but when I fixed my routers network channel(161) and bandwidth(80Mhz) my phone did connect to the 5ghz network.