Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove 02 recommended apps from home screen

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
rob777
Pioneer
Options
Just updated & there's 2 apps I can't remove there 02 PRIORITY & AMAZON SHOPPING is it possible to remove them ???????
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

If you hold the icon and then press the 'i', you should be able to Disable them.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
rob777
Pioneer
Options
There is no I there the 2 apps are greyed out won't let me disable or uninstall???
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options

Were these apps preinstalled on your device when you purchased it? If so, then usually it's not possible to uninstall them and only disable them. Usually, greyed out apps indicate they have already been disabled. Therefore, look for these apps in Settings>apps.
Tap the 'sort by' icon and toggle 'disabled'. (See screenshots). Do you see them listed?
1714745089152.jpg1714745089175.jpg
0 Likes
rob777
Pioneer
Options
No there greyed out on apps screen won't let me do anything???? Don't worry I will find a way
0 Likes
Options
Yes it is possible to remove 02 priority and yes its possible to remove Amazon shopping
0 Likes
rob777
Pioneer
Options
Please tell me ??
0 Likes
rob777
Pioneer
Options
Well can you tell me how I can remove these recommended apps then please??
0 Likes
jono2125
Navigator
Options
The only thing I can suggest is a factory reset then during set up untick these recommendations when they come up.......I know it's a pain in the ***** but you must have accepted them on initial setup somehow.........I have a sim free phone but because I have an o2 sim it gives you these recommended apps on set up......I just unticked them.
0 Likes