Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can phone be incompatible with router

(Topic created on: 08-02-2024 04:44 PM)
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
I have an A34 phone and about 2 months ago I started having issues with wi-fi not staying connected. Samsung chat suggested the issue could be my router is no longer compatible with my phone? Is this possible?
I have no idea how old the router is because I am living in someone else's house and it belongs to them
Is it possible a software update could have caused this
My nearest samsung experience centre is an hour away which I cannot get to at the momet. This is partly why I am asking my question 
Before anyone might ask resetting router is a big no no
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
I cannot turn off the top one because mobile data is turned off but I have turned off the 2 below that. Should I turn off the other 2 as well?1707426028966.jpg
0 Likes
Gregk64
Navigator
Options
I had exactly the same problem for a couple of years and tried everything I could think of to fix, this included turning off most of the Intelligent WiFi settings and other bits. It made some difference but the only thing that fixed it was getting a new router a couple of months back, the old one was about 3 years old and outputting too strong a signal which was causing the issue.
0 Likes
Tractor777
Explorer
Options
I turned them all off. I haven't had problems since
0 Likes
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
Not me. I am still having problems. Mainly now with wi-fi turning off when device is sleeping
0 Likes
Tractor777
Explorer
Options
@nicky2024 I don't know about WiFi turning off when sleeping, but you might check the apps that use WiFi aren't being put to sleep by either battery optimisation (turn that of for any apps you don't want to be put to sleep). Also some apps like Google clock don't work well when the phone is on power saving mode, so may be worth turning off power saving mode if you are using it.
0 Likes
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
No apps that use wi-fi are currently sleeping but I do not see how that might help my issue. No apps are turning off the wi-fi. Power saving mode is off.
0 Likes
lekol
Explorer
Options

@Tractor777 Hello Sir,

I recently bought an A34 5g I have exactly the same issues ,I tried everything but I cant resolve the issue. Also I tried to connect the phone to a hot spot via wifi on another phone and works well so I guess is some kind of incompatibility between the phone and a ZTE router from vodafone that I have. I will try first to use an extender and connect my phone on it,  then I will try a new router

0 Likes