Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera issue after OS update on A70

(Topic created on: 17-05-2020 10:04 AM)
2wheeledtechy
Apprentice
Options

Happy Sunday guys.

Since an OS update yesterday to my A70, in the Camera mode using normal mode, previously there was a wide angle option ( circle with 3 tree icons in) at the base of the frame and you could select normal or wide mode, since the update this has now disappeared? ....it is how ever still available in the video mode as before. I cant believe I'm the only one to have noticed this as I use that mode more often than not to take landscape shots for calendars etc? maybe as the days progress more with discover its loss. I have in the meantime sent feedback to Samsung so will wait patiently.....maybe? 

Stay safe all and keep posting from home if possible.

K.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
2wheeledtechy
Apprentice
Options

Further to my first post and I've done a bit of digging and experimentation....the camera wide mode is actually there !!!!....if you know to pinch gesture the screen ?....the icon and mode appears where it used to.

No where in the update description from samsung does it suggest or instruct to do this, I fear they assume every user is adept at every gesture and action automatically after every update. 

Still waiting for a response from their tech crew? .

Always stay safe folks x

K.

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Why do 2 identical posts then ignore someone who replied to you ?
0 Likes
2wheeledtechy
Apprentice
Options
Good day GingerSteve, I did actually reply to your replies and thanked you as such, another glitch that seems to have occurred is that I couldnt send the reply on the community platform ?.
Below is the reply.

"Hi GingerSteve, thank you so much for your numerous replies, I appreciate your time used to reply.

I've done a bit more digging and 'discovered' seemingly improved ?update features myself.

Still no response from Samsung 'tech' ?.

If the feature was available on the prev OS version I see no reason what so ever to remove a camera facility that worked so well and had no issues whatsoever, other than to force a phone upgrade to 'Samsungs latest similar' release.

Please forgive me Im old and very sceptical.

Stay safe and thanks v much again.

K."

I'm sorry I havnt got back to you sooner, since the update my phone has really lost the plot, I'm discovering issues daily, examples include gallery folders combined in duplicate albums, on the Samsung keyboard I'm unable to type the word 'and' without it missing the 'n' so I end up with 'a d' through text (the word 'and' is in dictionary a d predictive text obv).
The worst is login procedures and passwords, I absolutely know them to be what I physically type in but they are not recognised so I'm faced with the only option to sign up again !!!.
Very dispelled at mo at a critical time I NEED a working phone a d after a  update....its not NOT !!!

Thankyou  so much again for your appreciated time a d effort I will seek alternative paths to resolve this .

Stay save and protect.

K.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

0 Likes